Monday 31 March 2008

I'd Do Anything - first Nancy says goodbyeee

I take it all back, the I'd Do Anything/Oliver show was great. The song choices weren't too bad for the first week, although I still stick by my earlier comments about musical theatre shows.

Favourite performances:

1. Rachel - About You Now
2. Sarah - Get There
3. Niamh - First Cut Is The Deepest

Wasn't impressed by:

Tara - Suddenly I See
Francesca - Hero

Results show

Although Amy's performance of Respect didn't do anything for me on the Saturday show, I thought she was much better than Francesca in the sing off. Both girls sang As Long As He Needs Me and Amy had a lovely quality to her voice, and really got into the part. Don't agree with ALW's choice this week, but I'm not sure if Rachel would have got much further.

The highlights of both shows was without doubt the Olivers. They are fantastic and could teach the girls a thing or two about stage presence and confidence. Their performance of Bright Eyes on the results show was just beautiful, and in the group number with the girls (I'd Do Anything) every one of the boys shone. I don't envy the Lord's job in choosing three of them.

Opinion: Can't wait to Be Back Soon!





No comments: