Thursday 17 April 2008

I'd Do Anything - Week 3 and another Nancy gone

Another fab I'd Do Anything show on Saturday. The real contenders are starting to shine through and those who are not quite up to the job are being whittled out.

It seems Jessie is a strong favourite with the judges, with Rachel and Jodie closely behind. I can see Keisha struggling to stay in the competition next week unless she pulls something out of the bag, after being in the sing-off again. And while Francesca's Time of My Life started off well, it wasn't convincing enough once she got into it.

Some of the judges were a bit unfair on Sarah; she's got an amazing voice with real power behind it. I get what they're saying about her look, and for me the dress didn't help. But in the right costume she'd be a convincing Nancy.

Tara was bound to go and although I thought she did better than Keisha in the sing-off, I doubt if she'd have lasted another week. The standard of the competition is so high but most of these girls are good enough to get West End jobs, just not as leading ladies yet.

The Olivers, as usual, made the show worth watching. Superb entertainment all round.

No comments: